Have you ever felt stuck, like no matter how hard you try, you can't seem to make any progress? There's nothing more frustrating than feeling trapped in a situation. That's where ClickUp's task templates come in. You may create a unique template for any job you need to accomplish with only a few clicks.
Getting processes and procedures out of your head is the first step. From there, where should you store them? ClickUp Templates allow you to quickly copy an existing workspace and all of its tasks, lists, due dates, assignments- and more!
What is a task template, and why would you want to use one in ClickUp?
Task templates are a great way to quickly create new tasks without starting from scratch each time. Having task templates on hand lets you generate new tasks rapidly, so you can focus your time on completing them. ClickUp offers task templates to make it easier for users to create individual tasks and subtasks. You can also share these task templates with others so that they can use them too.
What you can add to tasks
Mandatory Task Elements
After you title your task, select the space, list, and folder from the drop-down menu below where you want your task to be located. Then, save time by choosing the list from your saved Favorites or creating a new Favorite.
- Give your assignment a name.
Optional Task Elements
- Click the status box to see your options for statuses. If you don't choose a position, your task will remain open.
- To add assignees to your task, use the circular profile icon. You may also alter or remove assignees by clicking on this symbol.
- By selecting the eye icon on the bottom, you can add watchers to your task. Watchers are not assigned to the task but will be notified of any changes made.
- Click on the calendar icon to add a due date to your task.
- You can let your Workspace know how important this task is to you by clicking on the flag. You can classify your task as urgent, high, regular, or low priority.
- You can attach custom tags by clicking the tag symbol to define your task's purpose clearly.
- If you click the hourglass symbol, you may indicate how long you expect it to take.
How to use ClickUp Task Templates
With task templates, you can easily reuse tasks! This is handy for Events, Bug reports, processes, and anything else where you have to create multiple similar jobs.
Create a task template
To create a new task:
- To open a task and click the ellipsis ..., follow these easy steps: next to the Share button, press the ellipsis.
- To choose a template, go to the Template Center.
- Select and click Save as Template.
- Change the name of the template.
- The various sharing and importing choices are displayed.
- Click Save.
Create Tasks Options
- To create a new task, click on the + Task button in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Fill out the task information, or use a task template.
- Please create a new task by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
Apply a task template
Tasks can be cut, pasted, and modified using task templates, which allow you to repeat procedures quickly.
Tip: It is impossible to remove a task template once it has been implemented.
To use a task template, follow this:
- To open a task, click the ellipsis next to the Share button.
- In the Template Center, select the template you want to use.
- Click on the "Browse Templates" link.
- Find a template in your Workspace.
- To filter for task templates, use the left sidebar.
- Choose a task template.
- Note: This task may contain any number of subtasks, tags, attachments, and checklists. This task management will replace all assignees, watchers, priority, start dates, and due dates with the template.
- Tip: Immediately append the template to your job by clicking Quick Use.
- Choose Use Template.
Update a task template
To remain up to date with your procedures, sync task templates.
Tip: A Clickup task template can't be reverted to its previous state after it's modified.
To update a task template:
- Choose to use a template for your task or start from scratch.
- Make any necessary modifications or updates to the job.
- Select the Sharing option. Click the three dots next to the Share button.
- Choose from pre-made templates.
- Click 'Update Template.'
- Pick the template you want to update from the provided choices.
- Select Next.
- Tip: You can rename your template and update its sharing and import options anytime.
- Lastly, select save.
Delete a task template
Delete existing task templates that are no longer required.
Tip: Please take care when deleting task templates, as they cannot be recovered once deleted.
To delete a task template:
- Visit the Template Center.
- To remove a template, go to File > Delete and select the one you wish to delete.
- Click Delete template at the bottom of the preview to delete the template.
Remap subtask due dates
You can change the new deadline for a parent task, and all subtask dates will be remapped according to the difference.
How does it work?
If, for example, you extend the parent task deadline by five days, all subtask deadlines will also be extended by five days.
Remap dates in Templates
When you create a template, any start and due dates for tasks in your Space, Folder, or List templates can be saved.
How does it work?
You can swap Start and Due Dates around in the template to arrange them differently or remap them to a new date by altering their names.
Automatically update tasks when the template is applied, so you don't have to do it manually.
Tips for creating effective task templates
- The Hierarchy can Help You Get Organized.
- Themed trays for your home and workplace are a great way to stay on track.
- Documents may be created from anywhere.
- To save time, automate tasks with hotkeys and slash commands.
- Please get the help you need right when you need it.
Life Is Easier with Task Templates
Anyone who has attempted a complicated project understands the importance of managing it. However, it might be simple to get sidetracked without a comprehensive strategy. Whether working on a personal endeavor or collaborating with others, ClickUp's task templates make it simple to stay organized and on track. ClickUp makes it simple to start any project, whether you're a novice or an expert. ClickUp also offers the option of creating personal templates for users who want more customization. ClickUp is the ideal tool for anyone looking to streamline their workflow and get more done quickly, thanks to its flexible template system.
Does ClickUp have templates?
Every ClickUp Plan comes with templates. Anyone, including visitors, can utilize them. However, only Docs, activities, and views are accessible to guests regarding document templates, tasks templates, and view templates.
Are ClickUp templates free?
ClickUp has a free plan for the project tool, just like any other Excel template!
How to change the ClickUp template?
- You can create a new Folder, List, task, Doc, or view using the original template.
- Make any modifications you wish to save for your template.
- Choose Center and Save as Template from the drop-down menu.
- From the lower-left, select 'update an existing template.'
- After finding the template, you want to update, choose Next.
- You can edit the template name, sharing settings, and import options by clicking on the 'Update Template' button.
- To save your progress, click the "Save" button.