Is it because you have a massive file at the corner of your desk? Or are you trying to keep track of several pricey digital tools? Because ClickUp has no tolerance for half-baked procedures or money goblins, it's a relief that we ran into one another.
Imagine software that can adapt to your brain, no matter where you work or live. If you want to build a CRM system for your business plan, ClickUp has all the information and resources you need to start today.
A CRM is not a one-size-fits-all solution, and success cannot be guaranteed just by having one. So what are the signs that you need a CRM in ClickUp? It comes down to how well it can integrate people and software virtually.
What is CRM (Customer Relationship Management)?
CRM, or Customer Relationship Management, is a system used to manage interactions and data from current and potential clients on a day-to-day basis. A CRM is a living database of templates, auto-tracking, and reporting that replaces dull spreadsheets and emails. A CRM changes businesses from being focu sed on transactions to instead focus on the customer.
What Is CRM in Project Management?
What you'll learn about project management will come from your experience with the various projects you've completed in your previous jobs. But it's just as crucial to do things the right way when handling new projects, big and small, for a variety of reasons:
That's where CRM comes in handy. The purpose of a CRM system is to help businesses track and manage their contacts and communicate effectively across departments. According to the State of Sales by the LinkedIn report, nearly two-thirds of firms find CRM tools beneficial. Furthermore, placing your clients at the heart of project management may assist you in delivering the correct goods/services and maintaining customer connections.
What are the differences between CRM and project management?
Project management software is designed to help you complete your project on time and within its budget. However, agile project management does not include customer relationship management (CRM) software, which manages interactions with prospects and existing customers. Summarizing some of the significant distinctions between CRM and project management:
To interact with potential and loyal customers
To ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget
- Customer relationships and customer loyalty are essential.
- Outreach efforts To improve a sales team.
- Interacting with clients to resolve their issues efficiently
- Make a plan to accomplish your objectives.
- On-time and on budget, execute the project.
- Maintain customer and employee satisfaction
- Enhance team communication and work together to increase productivity.
Customers, clients, potential business partners, suppliers, and other stakeholders are examples of customers.
Managing project deadlines, budgets, and resources.
Since enhancing customer connections is a long-term process, it has been ongoing.
Temp projects are those that have a specific start date and end date.
How to use ClickUp as a CRM
ClickUp's features are designed to make your life easier and help you manage your business more effectively by keeping everything in one platform.
- Begin by creating a Space to serve as your CRM or, if you have one already established for your Sales or Customer Service team, place your CRM there.
- If you need help getting started, try adding our "CRM" folder template to the space of your choice.
The CRM Folder comes with a "Accounts and Opportunities" task list that you can use for every account or lead. To add a new task, click on the "+" sign.
If you're starting your CRM from scratch and looking for an easy way, our CRM List template is perfect! With this template, keeping track of all your contacts will be a breeze!
ClickUp CRM Setup: How to create a CRM in ClickUp
Step 1: Start using ClickUp's CRM template by downloading it now.
When you go to your account, click the option to create a CRM Folder and select where it will be stored.
Step 2: Organize and prioritize contacts by adding views to your account. -
We'll use these procedures to check the different views you want to set up your CRM before you include your actual data. If you visualize your next big idea then bring and manage your tasks best by seeing them, no problem! You can quickly flip between views, including:
ClickUp Board view. By default, tasks are grouped by status in columns, with early-phase prospects on the left and closed-won accounts on the right.
ClickUp Calendar view. It's your go-to destination for scheduling, including client meetings, so you can always be ready to connect with your prospects.
ClickUp Table view. All the information you need to know about your accounts is presented in a simple, easy-to-use grid.
Step 3: Create custom statuses to fit each process.
The template comes with CRM statuses, but you can edit or create your own. These statuses must provide fast and precise information about where a task is in the process. They also assist in reporting by giving insight into process bottlenecks, resource allocation, and stage cycle lengths.
Step 4: Custom Fields can help you get the most important information to view.
You can enhance your productivity tenfold by using ClickUp's Custom Fields. This feature allows you to add any task details to views! As a result, tasks will not require you to open and close them one by one to discover that one data—next step date, email address, account size, etc.
Step 5: Create tasks from your data.
You can create a new task in three ways:
- Underneath a status group, click + New task.
- To create a task, click the + Task button at the bottom right of your screen.
- To continue, press the letter t on your keyboard.
Step 6: Connect with relational databases in CRM as a single unit.
Not only can you use ClickUp to manage your CRM, but you can also take advantage of the ClickUp Relationships feature.
Tips To Get the Most Out of ClickUp CRM
- ClickUp Integrates With Applications To Save Time - You have various tabs and windows on your desktop top, making it difficult to focus. By acting as a task manager and communication tool, ClickUp integrations enhance your workflows by providing value!
- Access Your Work From Everywhere -With more people working remotely than ever, it is now essential to have mobile-first solutions that will help you attract and retain talent and allow team members to stay productive and informed from anywhere. Access to your tasks, calendars, Docs, Dashboards (more about this in tip 5!), and several other features can be found through the ClickUp Mobile App. You'll always be connected on the move with this one app.
- Automate Clerical Tasks To Free up Time for Client Engagements - Organizations need data entry to function, but that doesn't mean you have to do it all day! It's critical to have CRM automation in place, and ClickUp has the resources you need to focus on the more important stuff.
- Provide an Internal Wiki for Continuous Staff Training - Is there a "Sales Process v28" Word document on your growing team's shared drive that no one knows about? It's an extra step (and browser tab) for teammates as a standalone document. This one reliable source of information should be a document that's frequently updated and easy to find in your CRM system.
- Using Straightforward Reporting, Analyze Data and Processes - ClickUp's CRM Dashboard is the perfect way to measure and keep track of life with your team member or stakeholder's progress at any given moment. ClickUp Dashboards provide an overview of what's happening in real-time, with customizable settings and privacy options to suit your needs.
Why ClickUp Is the Best CRM for Project Management Tool
With this product, you will have every tool needed to plan and organize a project and collaborate easily. You can also send your time-tracking data to ClickUp from virtually any other program. With over 1,000 native and third-party connections, you may see Worklife sub-links in almost every app with ClickUp to "really bring all of your jobs together in one place."
ClickUp is a task management program created to help you manage your work life better. ClickUp provides customizable features to CRMs that can be suited for any business size. A CRM, or customer relationship management system, helps businesses by cataloging customer interactions, sales data, and support requests. This gives business owners a valuable overview of their customers' patterns and needs. As a result, businesses may improve their overall customer satisfaction by using a Clickup CRM to automate their customer service procedure and reduce costs.