Set statuses at the Space, Folder, and List levels to arrange your team's workflow. So that everyone in your Workspace can readily observe everyone's work, you may label your assignments with unique, colored statuses like Doing or In review.
Custom statuses are discussed here. Additionally, we provide several ready-to-use status templates.
What is needed:
- Statuses may, by default, be added, edited, or deleted by owners and administrators.
- Members and visitors may be granted enhanced rights to add, update, and remove statuses under the Business Plus and Enterprise Plans.
Note: To remove statuses, you must have the advanced rights to Delete Items and Edit Statuses.
Three status categories come standard: Active, Done, and Closed. In addition, a ClickApp may enable the fourth status category, Not Started.
Not Started: Projects that have not yet been worked on.
- To utilize this status group, you must enable the Not Started Group ClickApp.
Note: All Not Started statuses will change to Active Status if the Not Started Status Group ClickApp is deactivated after being enabled.
Active: Projects that are presently in development.
- The default state is To Do. You can rename and modify the color but cannot remove it.
- To-Do will be a component of the Not Started group if the Not Started ClickApp is enabled.
Done: Finished but needing to be left open tasks are marked as done. For instance, even when the engineering portion of a sprint job is complete, the marketing and technical writing teams still want access to it.
- The tasks in this status category are not regarded as past due.
- This status application clears any dependencies that may have existed.
Closed: Completed tasks are marked as closed.
- The default state is complete. Its name may be changed, but the color cannot.
- There is no way to create your Closed statuses.
- Tasks with this Status are, by default, buried in the List view. They are simple to reveal at any time:
- Click Show Closed in the upper-right corner of the List view.
- Your task list shows completed tasks.
- To once again conceal these jobs, click Hide Closed.
Note: To-do and Complete statuses are given to identify the start and finish of your processes, and the color of Complete cannot be modified. This ensures uniformity throughout your Workspace.
Also read: ClickUp Tutorial: Project Management Tool
Create custom statuses
You will be prompted to choose a clickup status for the tasks added to Spaces as you create them.
Additionally, the tasks in Lists and Folders may each have a separate state. Their duties automatically follow the status Hierarchy:
- The statuses of Lists and Folders created in a Space are carried across.
- Lists take on the statuses of their Folders.
- Lists that are not part of Folders inherit the statuses of their Space.
Notes: You may create custom statuses for all status types except Closed.
When creating a Space, you are sent to the "What task statuses do you want?" page. modal.
- Choose custom from the modal.
- Select "Add Status" from the menu. Clicking Add Status adds every Status.
- Name your new Status by typing a name. To alter the default color, use the color picker. Tip: The dropper symbol may be clicked to get additional color choices.
- You may drag any custom status to Not Started or Done from Active Statuses.
- Click Save.
- You are sent to the Create Folder dialog when you create a folder. Click the > symbol on the Task statuses tab from the popup.
You are brought to the "What task statuses do you want?" page. Utilize the same procedure you used to establish a Space's Status.
Tips: You may design unique procedures for specific Folders as well!
- You may choose to construct a List from scratch or to inherit statuses when you do so. Select Start over by clicking.
The What task statuses do you want? page is where you are directed. modal. Same steps as when establishing statuses for a Space.
Edit or delete statuses from Sidebar, List view, and Board view
All basic, custom, and Clickup Status templates are editable in terms of names, colors, and deletion.
You will be requested to change any tasks and Automations that presently utilize that Status when removing a clickup status from a Space, Folder, or List.
Note: The default Closed state cannot be colored; however, you may rename the Status.
- Next to the Space, Folder, or List, click the ellipsis.
- Choose Statuses under the Settings heading.
- Click the ellipses... next to the task status in the What task statuses do you want dialog.
- Choose Rename, Change color, or Delete Status from the menu.
- Click Save.
- Hover your cursor over the status column in List view and click the ellipses... button.
- Select Manage Statuses from the Group Options menu.
- The ellipses... icon is located in the Edit statuses dialog.
- Rename, Change color, or Delete Status may all be chosen from the menu.
The additional options in the Group Options menu include:
- New Status: To add a new status, click the "New Status" button. You will also have the choice to add the Status to the Folder if you're adding a new status to a List that receives statuses from that Folder.
- Select All: All tasks in the List with the same Status are chosen when you choose "Select All." the Multitask Toolbar is shown, allowing you to modify those tasks in bulk.
- Collapse group: The group that is in the same state is collapsed.
- Collapse All groups: Every status group.
- Hide Status: Removes a status from the List view by hiding it.
Make sure that Group by Status is selected in your view.
- Click the ellipses... symbol from a status column.
- Choose one of the three status choices from the drop-down menu:
- Rename status: Change the name of the Status. Note: This is only accessible if you look at a board with identically-status tasks.
- Edit statuses: Modify the statuses of the List you are now reading. Note: This is only accessible if you look at a board with identically-status tasks.
- Archive all tasks in this column: When you archive a task, it disappears from view but is always available for restoration. Every task has been saved and is still searchable.
- Collapse this column: This column will be collapsed and pinned to the side of the screen.
- Select All: Chooses every job in the List with the same Status. The Multitask Toolbar allows you to modify those tasks in bulk.
In ClickUp, you can manage custom statuses to help organize and track your tasks. This article explored how to create, rename, change color, or delete Status from the sidebar, list view, or board view. You can also select all tasks with the same Status to modify them in bulk using the Multitask Toolbar. These tools ensure your work is always accurately represented and easy to find!